Heritage Hills memory care offers 24 hour licensed nursing as well as a Resident Service Director who specializes in assessing our potential residents. The assessments help determine the appropriate level of care for each of our new incoming residents as well as allow us to monitor them in their own environment so we can learn their current habits and routines. This is also a time where we find out their specific likes and dislikes. The initial assessments can take anywhere from 30minutes to an hour. Once the assessment is complete our nurse will put in place the appropriate care plan for the new resident and determine the next steps leading to move in to the community.
Yes! Heritage Hills Memory care rooms come unfurnished and we encourage families to bring in their loved ones own personal items help things feel more like home. If furniture is needed it can be provided for an additional monthly fee
Scheduled transportation to errands, outing and local appointments is included in your all inclusive rate. Heritage Hills bus is wheel chair friendly and we will use it frequently to get our residents outside the community to enjoy the fresh air and take part in scenic drives down the coast.
Due to the sensitivity of the needs of our residents Heritage Hills is a non smoking campus for residents and staff
Heritage Hills is 100% pet friendly with weight restrictions pending the room size and accommodation chosen. If your loved one can no longer care for the pet the resident service director can develop a care plan for the pet and our team of caregivers will care for the pets needs at an additional monthly cost.
Heritage Hills understand the importance of aging in place and not having to move when our residents care changes. We offer 24 hour licensed nursing and have the capability for end of life care so our families can find comfort in knowing once they loved one enters Heritage Hills they are there to stay.
At Heritage Hills you can visit at any time. When the front desk lobby is closed and locked there will be a number posted that you can call and this will alert the charge nurse and from there you can be let in to sign in and visit your loved one.
Yes, we are a secure memory care community meaning our residents have the flexibility to go about their normal daily activities while maintaining their safety within the community grounds.
Senior living can be tax deductible. We encourage you to ask your preferred tax professional what they can do to assist you in this matter. Any documentation needed from Heritage Hills can be provided by our business office director.
Questions to ask when touring memory care facilities…
1. Do your staff members specialize in memory care? What does your training program entail?
2. If my loved one’s care becomes acute, can he or she still live here?
3. What happens if my loved one runs out of money?
4. Do your prices go up every year? What is your annual rate increase?
5. What is your turnover rate? For staff? For residents?
6. How often do your residents get outside the community?
7. How do you deal with difficult behaviors or combativeness?
8. Tell me about your memory care program?
9. If my loved one comes to need more care over time, will the price increase?
10. Tell me about medications and how you feel about antipsychotics?
11. What is your staffing ratio?
12. Is there awake staff at night?
13. How often do the residents eat and are meal times flexible?
14. Can I take my loved one out of the community?
15. Should I visit in the first couple of days?
16. Can we spend the night if our loved one is having a hard time?
17. Do you have a psychiatrist on board?
18. Do you accept pets? If so, is there a fee associated? Can you provide care for the pet if my loved one can’t?