Heritage Hills Memory Care Design with a Purpose
Many memory care communities are created as an afterthought — they are assisted living facilities roughly converted to meet new demand in the market. The spaces meet state health and safety requirements, but do not meet the needs of memory-impaired individuals. Heritage Hills was designed and built with the singular purpose of creating the right environment for world-class memory care. Every living space and common area — even the building itself— speaks directly to the unique needs of our residents. Add to that an experienced staff of memory care professionals trained to understand the challenges our residents face and provide the personal care they need.
Here are just a few of the unique design elements our campus offers…
- Intimate group settings:Those with memory loss can be easily overwhelmed, confused, or distracted when faced with large groups or spaces. At Heritage Hills, there is no noisy cafeteria or large gathering hall. Our residents enjoy quieter small-group spaces for dining, activity, and leisure. These smaller groupings offer peaceful surroundings; enable personalized care; and strengthen relationships among the residents, their families, and our caregivers. We recognize the value of strong social support in improving our residents’ emotional and physical health and general well-being. We want them to be comfortable and worry-free in their surroundings.
- Modular furnishings: Our small gathering spaces can be configured in multiple ways to accommodate a variety of activities.This makes it possible to keep groupings small without limiting the range of experiences our residents can enjoy.
- Private dining: For those who need extra assistance during mealtime, Heritage Hills has a designated private dining room. This ensures the privacy of each individual and helps present their dignity. Additional staff members remain on hand during meal times to help as residents need them.
- Calming spa: To promote comfort and relaxation, Heritage Hills offers residents a relaxing spa complete with essential oils and a hydrotherapy tub.
- Therapy Garden: Recent studies support the benefits of therapeutic gardens for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia. Our outdoor veranda offers a therapy garden designed to help reduced pain, improve attention, diminish stress, modulate agitation, and curtail the need for medications.